missing delft...

2 euro wines and great company!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Return from Weifang Trip 2...Lost a toenail

It seems a little mishap happened in my hotel room on the first night in Shanghai...I had just switched off the lights and was heading for my bed (to sleep mind you)when I kicked my suitcase...

I looked at my toenail in the bathroom and was flabergasted...my big toenail had flipped open! It then reminded me of a ferocious crocodile with its gaping jaws...before long, blood was all over the place...and I tried using the facial towels to stop the bleeding but to no avail...after a while, when I recovered from the shock I realized I needed help...I called Eddie and asked the hotel staff if they had first aid...they didnt...

...before long Eddie came to me rescue...we headed for the nearest hospital and waited for a while for the doc on duty...only to realize after much searching over the entire hospital that he was sleeping in the room!...o well...he suggested that I leave the toenail on as I was going to Weifang the following morning...taking it off may mean that I wouldnt be able to walk at all for some time...so he poured disinfectant over my wound...ooohh...he then wrapped it up like a present and sent me to get my injections...

it was already 3am when we reached home...we had to leave for Weifang at 6am later...i was really filled with wonder at my predicament...

The next few days at Weifang saw the ice between me and the clients melt easily because of my toe...a blessing in disguise indeed...

Last night, four days after that fateful night, I returned home to Singapore and immediately headed for Changi Hospital for treatment...the doc gave me four stitches and MC till next tuesday...i wondered if it was too much...until I reached home...I needed my parents to act as crutches as each hop sent a throb to my toe and a surge of pain...i couldnt sleep until i popped some pain killers....here are pictures taken of the minor operation...not for the faint hearted...










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home