missing delft...

2 euro wines and great company!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

2006-09-27 . Today I gana langa...

For those of you on the CTE this morning and you were swearing at the cause of the jam, this was the reason. My car gana langa...Please understand...you were held up for fifteen minutes, but we were held up for the whole day, not withstanding the inconvenience of police reporting, car repairing and insurance claiming...

I had jammed my brakes because of a shiny metallic fallen object in the middle of the CTE, and before I knew it, my Corolla jerked violently and I heard a simultaneous bang; I knew I gana langa liao...I couldn't believe my luck...I stopped the car and got out, stunned but otherwise unhurt...I surveyed the damage on my rear and found it to be rather slight, considering the resounding bang I just heard...is my Corolla really that powderful??




...It didn't take long before I fully understood why there was such a loud bang...the van which had hit me had its own rear creamed by the lorry behind it...looking at the glass on the road one would agree too...


the butt of the van which hit my Corolla...



the lorry and its driver ... notice the metallic fallen object...



the paramedics whom I had called, finally got onto the site, amidst much fanfare, to convey the driver of the van, who had sustained severe neck trauma and was semi-conscious, to SGH probably.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger h said...

haha...

i din know u can create such a big impact.

sorry for missing the appt the other day. got bugged by the gastric flu virus.

meet up sometime this week if u haven't started work?

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger hann said...

hey man!!!

loved your europe pics.. makes me wanna go back.. and yea i loved Graz too! the Domenig "dining room" for the convent is simply crazy... was talking to some kids there and they think it's a whale / dinosaur..

Would be great if we could meet sometime, perhaps before I go to LA (will be there for five months from mid-Nov). Along with the other guys who were in Delft.. my number's 98434209.

Hann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home